Purpose of Position
To oversee and lead the operation of the Maintenance Department, ensuring that standards and costs are maintained at all times. Responsible and accountable for the property’s general up-keep, maintenance of hotel buildings, grounds and all facilities.
Responsibilities will include
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching and guidance to the Maintenance Team.
- Manage and ensure all required repairs and maintenance of hotel buildings, equipment and assets are carried out as directed by Management.
- Ensure that Health & Safety is part of everyday life in the Department.
- Be proactive in implementing new ideas and innovations for the up-keep and consistent high quality of all hotel fixtures and fittings, furnishings, structures, buildings, equipment etc.
- Project manage small to large scale refurbishment work. Projects will be scoped according to requirements and communicated prior to commencement.
- Responsible for appropriate staffing levels and recruitment for the department.
- Engage and manage all aspects of required external Contractors, including employing any associated labour (where applicable).
- Manage Body Corporate assets on behalf of and in conjunction with Body Corporate Representatives.
- Control budgeted operating cost by overseeing orders, controlling distribution, counting of stock, identifying and tracking trends
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- At least 4 years’ experience in facilities maintenance management in a hotel environment.
- Previous experience in effective people management/leadership.
- Hold a relevant trade qualification.
- Valid full NZ drivers license (manual and automatic) required
- Sound understanding of legal compliance; Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA), Fire Safety & Security.
- Knowledge of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical and plumbing maintenance advantageous.
- Current First Aid Level 1 Certificate highly desirable.
- Previous experience of Body Corporate management preferred.
- Accuracy and an “eye for detail”
- Passionate about “Customer Service/Care”.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy hotel.
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent time management skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be physically fit with a high standard of personal presentation and grooming.
Benefits and Rewards
- This is your opportunity to showcase your leadership skills for an award winning successful independent 5-Star Qualmark Gold rated property in the adventure capital of the world
- Permanent, full time role.
- Competitive remuneration for the right candidate.
- Uniform provided.
- Other benefits and rewards apply.
Applications from New Zealand and/or Australian residents highly encouraged