Purpose of Position
Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, this position is concerned with the troubleshooting of any technical difficulties of hotel systems. You will be responsible for the general up-keep and maintenance of hotel buildings, grounds and facilities, as well as specialist engineering, basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical tasks as required. Working with all hotel departments by ensuring all operational requirements are met in a timely manner in delivering high quality products and services as requested by guests.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Have relevant prior experience in a trade environment.
- Hold a relevant trade qualification.
- NZ Electrical license desirable.
- Use of hand tools experience essential.
- Hold valid and clean driving license (manual and automatic).
- Sound understanding of legal compliance; Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA), Fire Safety & Security.
- Accuracy and an “eye for detail”.
- Passionate about “Customer Service/Care”.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy hotel.
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent time management skills
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must be physically fit with a high standard of personal presentation and grooming.
- Available to work a variety of shifts including mornings, evenings until 7:00pm, weekends and public holidays.
- Enjoys working as part of a highly focused team.
Benefits and Rewards
- This is your opportunity to showcase your talents and expertise for an award winning successful independent 5-Star Qualmark Gold rated property in the adventure capital of the world.
- Permanent, full time role.
- Competitive hourly remuneration for the right candidate .
- Uniform provided.
- Other benefits and rewards apply.
Applications from New Zealand and/or Australian residents highly encouraged